“Going on a retreat!
Are you serious?
Isn’t that something that women do?
Isn’t that something that religious people do?
Why would I go on a retreat?
And why would I go on a retreat with a bunch of blokes?”
This is the normal response I receive from many men when I mention to them about my experience of undertaking many types of different retreats, and how going on retreat could be the catalyst for positive change in their own lives.
Let’s look at why most men need to go on Retreat!
Let’s face it, most of us as men ‘live in our heads’ and are completely disconnected from our hearts. We are slaves to society. Slaves to our mind, emotions, our body, self-image, our work, relationships, phones, laptops, TV, the media, politics, alcohol, sugar, wheat, caffeine, and the list goes on and on.
We are so lost in the drama of our lives, in the matrix, the rat race, so lost in our own stories, driven by past conditioning, that we can’t see where we are going. At best, we stumble through our lives, making the same mistakes as our parents did, holding onto the same habitual tendencies, addicted to stimulation, with no clear mission and purpose, no clue of where we are going, and without a road map of how to get there.
Unfortunately, most men are stuck in ‘dead-end’ jobs, riddled with fear, living a life devoid of passion and juice.
Are you this type of man?
Isn’t it about time you took a step back, retreated from your life, lifted your head above the trees, felt deeper into yourself, and took a moment to question your life?
How long will you accept a life that is devoid of meaning?
Are you living a life according to your own rules?
Are you living a life fuelled by passion?
I know from coaching many men that the answer to these 2 questions for most of you is NO!
In my own life experience, and also working on retreat with many men, it is evident that one of the fastest ways to move into a life of purpose and passion is to attend a men’s retreats. In fact, in my opinion attending a men’s retreat is far more powerful than a one to one coaching journey.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of attending a men’s retreat
Understanding and forgiveness of your past
- Come to a deeper understanding of your life so far, the people of your past, and the events that have occurred
- Move towards complete forgiveness of the people from your past
- More importantly, you’ll learn to forgive yourself
- Learn to become grateful for the events in your life so far
- Let go of limiting beliefs that you have carried from your past
Develop present moment awareness and move into flow
- Take a deep rest from the noise of the world
- Detach from the drama of your life and lift your head above the trees
- Reconnect with nature
- Restore harmony to your body, mind, and spirit
- Develop a deeper connection with silence and stillness
- Experience peace and the capacity to be a witness of your life without judgement
- Learn to bring more presence and mindfulness into your everyday life
Reconnect with your body and your feelings
- Reconnect with the inner landscape of your body
- Release years of tension from your body and mind
- Reconnect with your breath, bringing more spaciousness and peace
- Connect with your emotions and express your feelings in a safe container
- More acceptance and love for your own body
Reclaim your health
- Give your body and mind a well-deserved rest
- Reclaim your physical and mental health
- Redefine your health and lifestyle habits
- Recharge your batteries and energize your self
Create deep friendships with other men
- Listen with compassion to other men
- Be heard without judgement
- Feel the power of authentic manhood
- Learn to love, trust, and appreciate men in a deeper way
- Remove your fears towards other men
- Stop competing with other men
- Increase the number of authentic men in your own community
Know your purpose and passion
- Uncover the many gifts you bring into this world
- Discover ‘why’ you here, your mission
- Feel into your life’s passion and allow this passion to drive your life
- Step into leadership into all areas of your life
Manifest the life you deserve
- Determine the ideal vision of your future
- Gain clarity over ‘what you want in life’
- Create a strategic road map towards your life’s vision
- Create realistic goals
- Bring more commitment into your life
- Learn to navigate through life with more ease
Reclaim your own authentic life
- Step into your power as a man
- Become a more mature role model for others, including your partners, friends, and children
- Learn to relate better in the world
- Communicate with more precision
- Learn how to set healthy boundaries
- Better a more loving son, brother, father, partner, and friend
So, men, what are you waiting for?
Do you feel the calling in your hearts?
Here comes the good news!
You can experience the power of a men’s retreat NOW
There are still a few places remaining on my next 5-night men’s retreat, “Men Without Masks”. The retreat will take place on the 15th to 20th August at East Down Centre, within the beautiful Dartmoor National Park.
In this retreat, like-minded men will have the opportunity to come together as brothers to reflect on our journey into manhood, to listen to other men, share our own stories, and be heard in a safe and non-judgmental space. This retreat flies in the face of today’s rigid stereotypes of man such as the Sensitive New Age Man and the Macho Man and investigates what it means to be an authentic man in today’s world, a man who wants to make a difference, a man empowered to reach his full potential. A High Performing Man.
This retreat is for any man who wants to be a powerful leader, a role model, a man willing to step through fear and into the challenge of his life. It is for those who are ready to take risks, step into their real power and reshape new ideas of masculinity. Men not afraid to inhabit all the characteristics required of men in changing times; resiliency, integrity, courage, creativity, innovation, adaptability, compassion, empathy, radical self-responsibility, inclusiveness, generosity and respect.
More Information on the Retreat
You can write to me at:
Check out the website retreat page at:
Check out my FB page at:
More About Me
I am a former Elite High Performance Rugby Coach for 23 years. I currently work as a Coach predominantly with men from all walks of life. I also have a PhD in Holistic Nutrition, I’m an accredited Sports Nutritionist, NLP Master Practitioner, Spectrum Emotional Wellness Coach, Life Coach, Certified Shadow Work Practice Facilitator, and a Yoga and Meditation Teacher.